Two hospitals serve the population of the Agglomération de Longueuil:
Located in the arrondissement of Vieux-Longueuil, Hôpital Pierre-Boucher has been serving the community for over 25 years. With a capacity of 340 beds, it offers general, specialized and ultra-specialized short-term care services. Its modern, state-of the-art facilities are more than able to meet the population’s needs.
A centre for excellence in a number of fields, Hôpital Pierre-Boucher includes:
- Regional and tertiary cardiology centre;
- Entirely modernized birthing centre: 3,400 births per year;
- Busy emergency room: 55,000 visits per year;
- State-of-the-art medical biology department and laboratory, among the most advanced in Québec;
- Surgical department equipped with ultra-modern operating theatres and equipment;
- Out-patient care constantly evolving with the network;
- Psychiatric department oriented toward the community;
- Filmless medical imaging department using cutting edge technology;
- one of the most computerized hospitals in Québec.
Hôpital Charles-LeMoyne (affiliated with Université de Sherbrooke)
Hôpital Charles-LeMoyne is the regional and university hospital centre for the Montérégie area. Affiliated with the Université de Sherbrooke, it over looks the health and well-being of the Montérégie population by developing of a range of short-term hospital care and services for physical, mental and rehab healthcare. It is also engaged in activities involving research and university teaching, in collaboration with other establishments in the health and social services network and the community.